Write a review
- Olive Oil
- 2-3 tablespoons Rockin' Moroccan Gourmet Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 kilo Green Prawns
- Remove the heads by pulling and twisting. They should come off with ease. Grab around the eyes and firmly twist to pull the head off.
- Pull off the legs. Simply use your hand to pinch off the small dangling legs and pull them away.
- You can still remove the vein while leaving the shell on. To do so, clip the shell with scissors and pull the vein out, closing the shell back up. You can also pull the entire vein out in one piece if you break the head off and locate it.
- Rinse under running water and pat dry with paper towels. Moisture on the outside of the prawn will make the cook unevenly. Give them a quick rinse with cold water and then dry them off.
- If you don't plan on cooking them yet, keep the prawns on ice or in the refrigerator.
- Coat the Prawns in olive oil and 3 tablespoons of the Moroccan Seasoning and let them sit for 15minutes.
- Pan Fry or BBQ the green prawns turning them when the prawn turns bright red/orange and cook briefly on the second side until the flesh is no longer glassy.
- When cooking prawns on the BBQ it’s best to leave them in their shells as the intense direct heat can damage the flesh if not protected. Also, a lot of flavour is transferred from the shell to the flesh when you cook with it intact. My favourite tip is to slice through he back of the prawn with a serrated knife, remove the intestinal tract and the rub in the seasoning mix. That way you get the best of your marinade and the flavour from the shell, and a perfectly clean prawn! What more could you want?
The Spice Trading Company http://thespicetradingcompany.com.au/